Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Comments

Somebody named Morrison commented.  I don't really get many comments and I can't seem to reply to them directly.


"You're only an hour away from those stores?

You ain't isolated.

By the way, I see you are reading Nomad...you do realize how many lies she has told about her origins don't you?"



By the way, it is actually over an hour but I didn't know I was going to have to deal with a critic.  


I don't think I said I was isolated.  Just that it takes a long time to go shopping and a lot of driving.  So, if I want to go shopping I have to plan to go to quite a few places.  Sometimes it is a bit exhausting.  I don't really want to be isolated just insulated from having the neighbors too close by.  Also, it is kind of isolating living out here.  I have limited choices in friends and a couple of neighbors.  Unlike when I lived in larger towns and cities.


I certainly don't want this little teensey weensey blog to turn contentious.  I don't know you, Morrison, but if you have something specific you want to point to regarding the author in question then do post a link and I will be happy to read it.  However, it would seem that her message that women are being abused by religion is quite believable to me.  That is not a lie.  That is true.  Women are half the sky and every bit equal in importance as men in this world.  


It is easy to do name calling and difficult to try to see the message that is presented.  So, just saying LIar, liar, liar does not create a dialogue.  Who in this lifetime hasn't told a lie or two,  Aayan seems to have admitted that she lied on her application for asylum to Holland.  Just like thousands of others in her shoes.  



No comments:

Post a Comment