Friday, September 16, 2011

Concrete

I bought four bags of concrete at Meeks yesteday.  I went out and houled them over to the goat shed and mixed them in the wheelbarrow with the hoe.  One at a time of course.  I turns out I am quite a bit short on finishing this job, darn it.  I'll need about 3 more bags.

I moved the last of the sand cherries from in front of the shade cover doorway over to the Northside Windbreak.

I think I'll have a cup of cofee and then go out and take a few loads of goat duff out of the goat pen.  It is starting to look pretty good but I need to make sure it is pretty clean before we go on vacation.

Then I will start on the shed project.  Hoping to have everything done by the end of the weekend except the doors and the concrete on the back side of the shed.

Hubby needs to check the garden for more ripe melons.  I'll have to freeze those up later.

Okay, I didn't get much done at all for the rest of the day:)  I need a break.

Hubby did go out to the garden and as it turns out we had about six of the large Eel River cantaloupe type melons that were a bit over ripe.  Have to freeze those up for smoothies this winter.  They will be great when a banana and some strawberries are thrown in there with them.  We had about 4 of the little Rocky Fords but they aren't ripening very well.  It's late in the season and the melons are just a little weird this year.  We also got a delicious Lilly Crenshaw.  My personal favorite.  Oh yeah, and we got 2 or 3 Swan Lake honeydew style melons.  Yes, I have to freeze a bunch of melons tonight.

Watering the Northside Windbreak overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment