Sunday, September 11, 2011

Camping

It was fantastic to go camping.  The weather was perfect.  I got to go out in a little boat with an outboard motor and I even got to drive it.  I also went out on the lake in a little kayak.  What a peaceful fun time.

The asters were blooming and there were a number of late blooming flowers about.  The community project went well.  We got a pathway made to the campsites and we cleared fammable materials from around some buildings.  The gang from Hubby's job were a lot of fun.  There were two children - a three year old boy and a six year old girl and I enjoyed being around the kids.

Of course I am doing some watering to catch up.  I picked two melons.  The watermelon [New Queen] was delicious and the Eel River melon looks good.  Since it is somewhat like a cantaloupe we are leaving it on the counter for a day or two to allow it to get to full flavor.

Watering the West Side Windbreak overnight.

I think we'll go to bed early today.

No comments:

Post a Comment