Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Shopping

Today was a shopping day.  Nothing glamorous but I got the gallon of base coat I needed.  I got a few of those disposable paint trays.  I ran by Costco and got cereal, bacon, milk, Havarti cheese [they don't have the real Swiss cheese anymore, just that Lite crap], Danish [yes, I buy those every time I go to Costco, shame on me].  A few other assorted items.  Oh yeah, and one of those 14 pound pork shoulders.  Hubby is going to BBQ half of it on Saturday and I need to freeze the other half this evening.

I also got a new curtain rod for the guest bedroom.  The old rod was for a different style of curtains and it wasn't hung very well.  It has come down so now I have the left side with a curtain on it propped up on the center holder thing and the right side is sitting on the cabinets.  Privacy?  Well, we do live in a sparsely populated area but when someone drives by at night and the light is on they can definitely see in.  Can't have that, now can we?

I asked Hubby to help me hang the curtain rod since this is a skill I can't seem to develop:)  The curtain rod is one of those kind that goes straight across, has finials and sets into a bracket on each side of the window.

I went by Meek's lumber yard.  The guy was really nice.  They didn't have the 12 foot bar I wanted but I found out it is ladie's night on Sept 22 and I get 20 percent off anything in the store.  Yeah!!!!!  I am going to get the barn door bar and roller wheels for my project that night.  Can't beat 20 percent off.  On top of that, we get to build a bird house and I get to use the nail gun.

Other than that, I got the cleaning supplies organized for tomorrow.  Refilled bottles and got the gear loaded into the truck for my little cleaning job tomorrow.  Got the chores done like feeding the goats, the dogs, taking out the compost, cleaning up the lunch dishes, watering the back zone.  Still need to turn the North Windbreak Zone on in an hour or so.  That's it.  I am resting up for the rest of the evening.

I have a Danish and a cup of coffee with my name on it.  Bye now.

No comments:

Post a Comment