Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rain!

Beautiful, cooling, refreshing rain.  The temp went down below 70 degrees this afternoon and the thunder rumbled.  We had a bit of non life threatening lighting. Most of all we had rain, the kind of rain that soaks in.  Big, gentle raindrops.  The kind of rain where you get wet walking to the truck.

We got  a lot done on the shed today.  Hubby helped get the crosspieces up and we talked about how to get the rafters up.  I have to adjust some of the rafters on the back side to have them work out to four feet on center.  And I need to do some fancy footwork on the front side to get the roofing string board to butt up to the long shed properly.  I'll see what I can get done tomorrow.  I am glad that this project is moving forwards.  I have a lot left to get done by September 30th.

Watering the East Side Windbreak overnight.  I know, it rained but the rain just isn't enough to keep the plants going in our climate.  We probably got 3/4 of an inch and it is raining on bone dry sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment