Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Garden

Well, I got quite a bit done today by 11 am.  It was already getting hot.  In fact, I don't think I will bother to open the windows tonight since it is only going to cool down to about 70 outside.

I trimmed the bottoms of the trees in the North forty as I like to call the back two acres.  I dead headed some of the blanket flowers and cosmos.  I got three loads of laundry hung up to dry.  Weeded the front zinnia garden.  Pinched those back to encourage them to branch out.  The candy stripe cosmos are just tsarting to bloom and the zinnias will probably be blooming in another week or two.

I picked two gorgeous heads of lettuce.  So far the lettuce has not turned bitter even though the heat is on.

Watering the East Side windbreak overnight tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment