Friday, January 27, 2017

Tanka is learning

Today I felt like it was so easy to take Tanka out to the big pen.
 I asked him to stop and back and move ther fore around in a complete circle when he got a little bit like he was looking fro trouble in the shrubbery.
.Later, bringing him back, he said "What's that?" and we went to the bag on a whip where it was leaning on the round pen. He touched it with his nose. I had him follow the bag on a whip all the way to his home pen. Then set the whip with a bag up on the home pen. He wanted to shy away but he stood there. I led him past it and put him in his pen with almost no hesitation.
The big thing I felt was: He really is learning what I am teaching him. He is becoming more relaxed with his head level instead of high and looking around. The trust is coming into play a little at a time. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment