Monday, January 2, 2017

Desensitizing to Bareback Pad

Tanka - I took Tanka out to the round pen and didn't show him the saddle at all. I took the bareback pad with me.
I free lunged him a bit to loosen him up and establish moving the feet.
I decided what Tanka really needs right now is more desensitizing and I used the bareback pad for that. I rubbed it on him and then fluffed it up and down near him and let the strap touch him and such until I saw a small change. I did that a number of times on each side of him.
I got the bareback pad on him and lightly cinched it by just pulling it through the D-ring. I pulled it up a bit and let it loose a number of times waiting for some small changes.
I'm not sure desensitizing is my best thing but then again I feel a little down about training today:) I am trying very hard to look for those small changes and take off the pressure at the right time.
It's cold and cloudy and I guess I should congratulate myself on getting out there and doing my best this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment