Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wood Stove and Resting Up

There is a lovely blogger name Bruce at   FallenfromGrace blog.  He has had numerous health problems and is dealing with his issues.  He always reminds me that it is important not to measure my worth by how much work I get done.  After all, work is not all we are.  For a total Type A personality this can be a hard lesson to deal with.  It is easy to put all your self-worth eggs in the work basket.  When you can't work as much anymore it is a big adjustment.

Today I am resting up.  Yeah, I have gotten a lot done lately but by not prioritizing and resting up sooner, I am wearing myself out.  I am sore and tired and dragging butt badly. Tomorrow, I clean a house and I hope desperately that I have the oomph to do it right.  After all, my priorities have to be the pets, the hubby and my few clients getting their houses cleaned right.  Friday, I am going to rest up again.  Hopefully, by taking good care of myself I will be able to keep it together instead of falling apart for a week.

It does suck that I can't get everything done as fast as I want to but I keep telling myself that it is the big picture that counts.  I will get my home improvement done even if it takes a long time to do it.  It took a little over a year to finish the greenhouse but now I have a lovely spot to raise baby plants.  It looks like it may not be until sometime this spring that I get the doors on the new long shed.  That shed has already been in the works for over a year but, it is painted and it is being used for storage and by sometime next year everything will be snug when it rains or snows.

The wood stove is in and we had a lovely fire this morning.  The house is toasty and warm.  I am grateful for this.  I have lived in worse places and been pretty darn cold so, just for today, I am enjoying sitting in a warm house with a lovely fire and all the  modern conveniences including a computer.

Life is good even if I am not getting anything constructive done:)




No comments:

Post a Comment