Sunday, October 16, 2011

Gardening and Painting

It is official.  I feel bad!  I have so over done it that I don't know if I can do one more thing today.

I got the second coat of gold paint on the living room/dining room walls.  That was another 3 hours of painting on top of the hours of scrubbing and painting I did yesterday.

I got a lot of the winter cover crop on the garden and tried to rake it in.  I don't think I did a very good job but it has to get done yesterday.

I got the dishes in the dishwasher.

That is it.  I am all done in.  I am going to hobble to the couch and desperately hope I feel good enough to get 22.5 sq.ft. of slate tile mortared into place tomorrow.

Late afternoon.  I took a break and then decided that it was now or never on finishing up the tar on the roof.  I really only had about 5 feet by 10 feet left.  I crawled up there and got it done but have reached the "I think I am going to be sick" stage of physical labor.  I have a couple of movies to watch and I think I will do that and stop playing Wonder Woman.

I really shouldn't have done it but this is the last day of the year that we will have weather close to 80 degrees.  This was a top priority until Hubby decided getting a wood stove was a great idea.  Which it is.  I just had other things to do so I am trying to prioritize.  Which isn't easy to do when you have a wood stove coming on Tuesday and fall cover crop that has to get in yesterday and painting and tarring the roof to finish and putting in a fire hearth and shopping your butt off to get all the things you need to get all these jobs done.

I think I' ll go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment