Monday, December 5, 2011

What's Cooking?

Elk roast with a little salt and pepper, bay leaf and rosemary [dried], definitely one or two slices of bacon on top.  Home grown acorn squashes.  Baked potatoes.

I have to wrap the baked potatoes in foil as I seem to have a lot of exloding potato disasters.  I know, make sure you poke them or put a metal stick into them. Really, nothing seems to help my problem of exploding baked potatoes except wrapping them in foil.

Our acorn squashes taste good but it was a weird summer.  Spring lasted until the end of May but we didn't get any frost until well into October.  The squashes are really on the small side and haven't got much meat in them.  I like to cut them in half,  put a little butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper on them and then cover them with foil and bake them.  The last time they took about an hour and a half at 325 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment