Monday, December 5, 2011

Kitten

I went out to feed the goats and then I got the cat food.  Junior was being frumpy and wouldn't come over to eat.  I kept hearing this little meow every time I said "Kitty, kitty, kitty" and I got to thinking that Junior headed off to the wooden shed.  The meow was coming from the freezer shed.

Sure enough, I go in there and there is a kitten in there behind the freezer.  I moved the buckets and chairs out and got some food to it.  The kitten decided it was having no part of getting near me.  I finally left it alone to eat after about twenty minutes.  I went out there just now and no sign of the kitten.

I hope it will come back.  It looked scared and lonesome.  It certainly was hungry. I'll have to keep my eyes out for it.  I am guessing that it is about three months old from the looks of it.  Pretty young to be wandering the desert on your own.  I hope Junior doesn't beat the little guy up.

Afternoon update:  The kitten is gone.  Still searching for a home, I guess.  I was hoping to see the little guy [girl?].  Junior was back and ready for his canned cat food.  I don't know if Junior drove the little kitty away or not.  Junior has been a really nice cat and he is a very good hunter so I am glad when he shows up.

Junior would love to be an inside kitty but as much as I like he has been hired to do a job [critter hunting] and I am extremely allergic to cats so he will have to continue to long for the great indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment