Monday, December 12, 2011

Thought for the Day

Happiness

He is happy whom circumstances suit his temper; but he Is more excellent who suits his temper to any circumstance.
David Hume

No one's really happy anyway, it's not human.
Billie Joe Armstrong


It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.
Dale Carnegie

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
Marcel Proust

Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
George Orwell

Read more:http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/happy_3.html#ixzz1gLpoZTob


Well, there is a lot to be said on the subject of happiness.  Myself I lean more towards contentment.  Like a cat I enjoy a full stomach and a warm fire and not to be held to closely.

I think that happiness is something you make up your mind to have  much as Abe Lincoln says : Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.

I have seen some amazing people that have had atrociously hard times in their lives still manage to be happy.  I might be one of them, although it certainly hasn't come naturally.  I have had to work very hard on having a good attitude.  So, while life may not be a manic whirl of giggles, I am happy.  The cynic in me loves this one:  No one's really happy anyway, it's not human.  Billie Joe Armstrong  We humans do tend to feel that we are not happy even when life is going pretty good.  That is a bad habit!

Does anyone want to add to my list of sayings about happiness or does anyone want to discuss how they have created more happiness in their lives.  Disqus comments await your typing efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment