Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thought for the Day

Delusion


“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” 
― Carl Sagan


That may be quite true for me, as well.  I do think let's grasp the Universe as it really is rather than persist in believing in the myths of yesteryear.   On the other hand, life is what you make it [often times] and to persist in this world, it can be good to look at the good or brighter sides of life.  Is this delusional?

I like to say I live in my own little world and it's a happy place.  On the other hand, when I step out into the "real" world of town committees or dealing with others outside my  normal circle, I find myself realizing once again how dysfunctional many of us are.  So, I like to be a realist that looks on the bright side whenever I can find it.  At least if I am delusional, it is a delusion that is based on some semblance of reality and it is of my choosing and I am the happier for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment