Monday, November 27, 2017



Team Tucker survived a couple of bucks.
I am convinced it is the saddle not fitting him right at the withers.
Uncle Cal the cowboy is in town and he is such a nice guy. He gave me a few tips and tricks as I saddled up Tucker today.
I took Tucker out to the front while Uncle Cal sat in a chair on the stoop. We talked about horse philosophy  Using the body more than the reins. Nice talk.
I walked Tucker around the circular drive. Uncle Cal is so sweet. He kept saying I think you are doing great. Maybe loosen up a little in your shoulders.
Well, Tucker wanted to trot so I let him. We went around one direction. Then we came back the other way. Tucker kind of tripped forwards. Then, Tucker threw in a couple of bucks.
I sure horses have gone higher and further but this was my first buck. He did it right in front of Uncle Cal .
So Uncle Cal said, "You did real good. You got a little stiff at the end." I'll bet I did since my leg went up onto the horn and I was starting to get worried.
I did not yank on Tucker's face so that was good.
Uncle Cal said it was almost like a bee stung him.
Bottom line is, that saddle has been a problem IMHO I am trying yet another saddle pad that is coming in the mail. It's not the padding. It's the saddle not fitting him in the withers area.
I am borrowing a saddle to try. We shall see if Tucker feels a little better in that tomorrow.
I also think a little bute won't hurt.
Anyway, Uncle Cal is impressed and, honestly, so am I. I handled a buck!

No comments:

Post a Comment