Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Naking /Tucker happy



Team Tucker is having a tough time with the barn sour issue.
So, someone says on my timeline, "What would make Tucker happy?"
I'm thinking being in his pen eating.
Today, I decided to try very hard to do something that would make Tucker happy.
I let him push the gate open. "Push it." He likes doing that.
We wandered around the yard eating dried up clumps of rice grass for awhile.
Then, I put some hay in the round pen and sat in a chair near him while he ate.
I also handed out a few carrots slices here and there.
Finally, I did ask for a few gentle yields and backs and turn fore and turn hind. I gave out plenty of love in between each ask. I made sure to work on his off side some.
I let him push the round pen gate open when we were leaving. He likes that job.
I stopped and had us both back a couple of times...keeping it light and fun.
The weather was an amazing 68 degrees. The afternoon was relaxing for both of us. Probably just what we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment