Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Bob's saddle






eam Tucker
Well, I don't care what other people might think....I think my old saddle was not working. I am trying out this new used saddle.
I got in it yesterday briefly but today I just put it on Tucker and let him get used to the idea that it doesn't feel [hurt?] like the other saddle did.
I walked him out back and let him eat some hay in the big pen. The saddle definitely seems a little higher in the gullet. Since I haven't really ridden in it yet, I can't tell much more.
My brief ride in it yesterday tells me the seat is hard as a rock!
Honestly, there is only so much you can tell from a few photos on the internet but this is a candidate. It is a handmade [professionally] saddle that was used on a ranch in Petaluma, CA area and here in Nevada for a number of years but Bob doesn't really ride anymore so if I want to buy it, it may be up for sale.
I actually prefer a rough out seat so that is points against this saddle and my goodness does it weigh a lot.
I think I moved up a tad more after this photo. Took a lot of effort 

No comments:

Post a Comment