Sunday, November 12, 2017

Team Tucker goes it solo!

Team Tucker goes it solo!

Up early to feed and then ready to roll by 7:20.

Took three tries to get him in the trailer but the third try worked like a charm.

A gal offered to let me follow her and I had no backing when we arrived at the venue.  I don't back with a trailer :)

I got Tucker settled in with a hay bag for the road and then the hay bag when we got there while he stood tied to the trailer.

I swear he got off the trailer and said "What kind of event is this?  No cows....mmm".

I didn't forget any gear!

The in hand obstacles went okay.  Tucker is just learning how to do ground work so he is not that thrilled nor proficient at in hand but he tried his best.  I quit when I had done each obstacle a few to several times.

We did in hand side pass to a gate [utter failure because Tucker doesn't know what that is].  Back in an el.  Trot around poles on the ground in a circle.  Tucker thought it meant walk around the poles on the ground :)

Tucker was a pro at   getting the mail, as always.  He did okay at turn the forequarters [we are just getting the concept at home].  Also, Tucker was fabulous at crossing the wooden bridge.

After lunch, we saddled up.  Tucker is in his element now.

We all warmed up and there were like 15 people all trotting and walking and turning and loping and Tucker did great!  We jogged some.  I looked completely uncoordinated half the time, as usual but I swear I will learn how to trot properly!

The first obstacle was trotting from a stop.  We did pretty good.

Rode up to the mail box no problem.

The crowd helped us do a sidepass over the top of a pole.  So nice of them.  I finally realized what I was doing differently from usual and once I got the reins proper, he did a few side steps in both directions.

We rode over the bridge.  Trotted over the poles on the ground.  Marginally did the rope gate.  Someone had dropped the rope and I had to pick it up and then go through and put it on the post.

We entered the box and did a circle moving the hind end.  Trotted the cones.  Finished up backing in an el [which Tucker did great!]

I didn't push us too hard in the ring although I don't think I babied us either.  It was a big day just trailering and being around so many people.  The people were very nice.  I have been invited to join a trail riding group which I will do since trail riding is my real favorite thing to do.






No comments:

Post a Comment