Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Planting

Beets - Five feet
Carrots - 8 feet
Snow Peas [Pod] - 20 feet
Garden Peas - 30 feet
Snap Peas - 15 feet
Radishes - 5 feet

Yeah, still more to do today but it is break time.  I don't want to over do it since Hubby and I are finishing up the horse fencing tomorrow.

To get all those veggies in, I had to hand turn over the soil, rake it out and then plant.  I also moved two wheel barrow loads of old compost out of the  new horse pen but have several loads left.  I am going to keep chipping away at that.  I also kept working on shoveling dirt away from the goat fencing as it is getting quite deep there and my five foot fence is turning into a four foot fence.

I love shoveling but my little arms can only do so much at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment