Friday, February 16, 2018



Unfortunately no photo of Sir Richard in his saddle!
Day One
He got groomed and boy did he need it. He had some dreadlocks 
Cleaned his feet.
Got a pad and a saddle on him.
Stood ground tied like a rock!
Had him walk, trot and lope with the saddle on.
Just had a halter and a lead rope.
Got on him from the mounting block but we will have to work on that. I moved it next to him. I petted him from above.
I got on him.
Asked him to give me his head several times on each side.
Asked him to walk.
We did a few circles in each direction.
You could tell he was trying but we don't communicate as a team yet and I don't expect us to.
He stood like a rock for the dismount.
I think he loved the brushing and the attention.
We will keep getting to know each other over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment