Thursday, February 22, 2018

I brought Sir Richard home last Thursday. We arrived at 3:30 pm.
I finished the platform today. I got this platform built in only 3 days  A new record for our area. We have to drive pretty far to get lumber.
Today, we practiced getting on the platform. We stepped up and walked over it and got off. We stepped up and stopped. We backed off.
We did that from both directions.
He avoided the platform a couple of times. I told him he was cheating! I backed him up and we did it again.
Chilly and windy and might snow a little but I do want to work with him again later. The wind had him a little bit edgy but I asked him to stay focused along the way to and from the front area. We did great.
We can maybe work a little bit in his home pen on a few groundwork exercises if he looks worried about being in his pen. Worst comes to worst and he gets upset and starts pacing, I'll take him out to the big pen even if it is a blizzard 
I want him to feel good about backing off the trailer if we go tomorrow. It will be cold so we might not go to the trainer tomorrow. We will see.
Did I mention I love this horse? Yes, snuzzles and hugs and I smelled deeply of the horse scent on his neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment