Thursday, February 15, 2018


This is Sir Richard. We had an uneventful trip home.
He loaded up easily. The old owner was very sad to see him leave.
Unloading did not go super smooth though not too bad. He started to turn around so I told him to get off me. He backed and got one foot off and then came back into the trailer where I told him to get off me. "Back" "Back" "Back" He awkwardly got both feet off the back of the trailer then his front feet and we backed a couple more steps. "What a good boy."
We stood for a couple of minutes letting him take it all in.
A calm walk to the back area although he was sniffing the whole time. I said hi to the dogs that were behind the fence. No spooking just a lot of snuffling the air.
I got him into his new pen and admired him for a couple of minutes while he looked at the water and the goats and his new horse friends.
I threw some hay and he was content to eat while I took a few photos. He was really good about me coming around behind him.
He is now busy sniffing his entire pen to see what his new world is all about and back to eating 
We will get to know each other better over the next few days and I can see I need to build a platform so he can get comfortable backing of a ledge.
I'll take him out and let him see more of the yard. We will start on task one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment