Wednesday, February 28, 2018


Okay, Sir Richard and the rest of you probably thought this is a silly idea but.....
My trainer said, "Just tack him up, get on him and sit for 10 minutes. Get off and your done." It teaches him, patience and it doesn't take a lot of your time. and you get used to each other.
So, I brought Richard in from the big pen, cleaned his feet, brushed him, got the saddle on him. Left him in the rope halter.
Now, he is still learning to come up to the mounting block. I went ahead and brought the mounting block to him. He stood like a rock for mounting. Yay!
We sat for 10 minutes. He looked back at me from both sides of his face. I patted his butt, adjusted my feet in the stirrups, rubbed on his neck.
I relaxed. I needed that.
I got off onto the mounting block, took his tack off and we did a bit of brushing and we were done.
Richard thought that was the shortest ride he's ever been on. 
I got some apple slices out. I am teaching the horses to come when I whistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment