Sunday, August 27, 2017

Tucker gets a fly sheet

Team Tucker
Too hot last night to go out so we tried the new blanket on under Tucker's saddle. And Tucker got a fly sheet so we tried it on him. We shall see if this helps him get less welts. I really think it is those horrible horse flies causing the welts.
We did go out riding this morning and, by golly, I think I managed to post the trot!!!!!
Tucker went out the gate with very few problems and off we went down the sandy road jogging and trotting!
Met up with Tucker's bestie, Brownie the Wonderhorse. Had a lovely ride. I am definitely improving as a rider!
Here's a concept I wasn't thinking of: I need to keep some of my weight in the stirrups. What? For some reason, wasn't on my riding concepts list.
Being new to riding is an amazing experience and I am so grateful to all who have helped me and to my new horse Tucker who is a joy to learn on.
1 1/2 hours in the saddle and my butt is not sore and my hip and knees feel good. Hoping the new saddle set up is the ticket for a pain less ride 
Don't worry we took the fly sheet back off him for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment