Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Team Tucker tries selfies



Team Tucker tries selfies
Well, two hours of riding. I gotta tell you, I felt much more comfortable using a single loop rein compared to the split reins. The weather was really nice because it is really cloudy this morning so not nearly as hot as I feared. Tucker did really good in the wind that came up towards the end.
We tried the new reins and I bought some of those riding pants with a boot cut. I think I like them. They are kind of stretchy.
I am all worn out. Just did riding the streets and back roads of dirt. Went with two neighbors.
Did not get to work on jogging and trotting at all really. The few times I jogged felt pretty good.
My butt is a bit sore and my legs are tired. Trying to keep more of my weight in the stirrups but doing that is using more different muscles than I am used to, I think.
I did challenge my horse to turn away from the peeps and go back the way we came. I knew he wouldn't like it so I did it anyway. Once he decided he could walk out with out trying to turn back, I turned him around and rejoined the group as they were playing with a mattress on the side of the road 
Tomorrow is not supposed to be too bad on the heat so I am hoping to go out alone tomorrow, maybe go to the playa and work on jogging and trotting.
I like going out with people but I also like feeling independent and I have certain things that I want to work on. Friday, I am signed up to have a real lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment