Thursday, August 17, 2017

New saddle






I got out there at 8:30 and didn't finish up until 12:30.
I got the cinch changed on the new saddle and I found a set of stirrups that have been decorating the freezer shed for a couple of years that are bigger than my old stirrups. Yay.
Tucker looks really good in his new saddle and I think he likes it.
I rode to the friend's house. I had just a bit of trouble getting him out of the gate and past the neighbor's house. Once we got by those two landmarks we were good to go and even jogged a bit.
Went on the desert trail to my friend's house. We fussed with the saddle once I got there. I got it off and checked the sweat pattern. We brushed his mane and tail and prettied him up.
Got his saddle back on him and rode some obstacles. Did some jogging.
Came home on the road. Checked the mailbox on the way in the gate. Had Tucker jog around the driveway circle. Also had him jog in the home pen once we closed the gate like pros:) Getting home shouldn't be too fun!
My butt feels so much better than with that other saddle. I am so happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment