Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day


So, what does a fellow do for his wife on Valentine's Day when he lives in the middle of nowhere?  Why, he traditionally stops at the Smith's Food and Drug store on his way home from work.  He buys a sweet card, gets a dozen roses and buys various chocolates and throws in some Red Vines for good measure.

He is a good worker who has managed to keep his little family fed.  He works on our cars and trucks to save us lots of money.  He builds fence and he trims goat feet.  He cuts wood to keep us warm in the winter.  He is rarely critical and tends to notice when the house looks clean.  He seems to manage to focus on what I have gotten done rather than what I haven't gotten done.

He thinks I am the most stunning creature that ever walked the planet.  I adore being adored!

Tonight we are going to cook up a big T-bone steak, a small lobster tail and some asparagus with butter, salt and pepper.  A very satisfying and romantic meal.  We cook better than most of the restaurants in the area and we eat great at less than half the price of going out.  Of course, we do have to do dishes but, hey, at least we have a dishwasher:)

I told him I was going to write about him on my blog today.  So, there you have it.  My ode to my handsome Hubby whom I love with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment