Saturday, February 11, 2012

Photos and Goats


Spot and Taffy

Obi

I am trying to put photos on my blog.  This is a whole new deal for me so we shall see how it turns out.  These are my adorable goats having dinner after a snow storm a few weeks ago.  As you can see, they are the cutest goats in the whole world.

They have individual personalities.  Obi is really quite large and is very sweet.  He is a Boer/Nubian cross.

Spot and Taffy are Nigerian dwarfs.  Spot doesn't like to be touched although he is coming around a little.  Taffy is a butterball, definitely so cute I could write a children's book using him as a character and is okay with being petted.

I have had them for three or four years.

Goat pen with goat shed and goat toy

They live in this pen with a goat shed filled with straw this time of year and a goat toy that has a ramp, old mobile home stairs and a large platform.  They run over and leap on it whenever there is the least bit of "danger" like someone walking on the road or one of the dogs barking.

On the right side of the pen is the area I am clearing for a 30' x 40' [possibly a bit smaller once I get the shed built and fence out the mulberry tree] miniature horse paddock.  That way the little horse will have goat friends to talk to and I will be able to see the little horse from my dining room table.  I like to keep an eye on my critters.

No comments:

Post a Comment