Friday, September 1, 2017

Three hours

Team Tucker spent three hours in the saddle today.
I have officially reached the "just kill me now" level of riding.
I rode to my friend's house for a lesson. We worked on walking in a straight line.
Walking faster.
Jogging in a circle by following each other and peeling off and coming in around behind the other person.
And, posting the trot....and posting the trot...and posting the trot. It seems I have no thigh muscles so I will have to work on that.
Yes, we took some breaks but we did not get off the horses.
I finally told her I need to leave because I have to make it home before I seize up. 
Tucker helped me get the mail before turning into the driveway, after a small argument.
We got in the gate, headed to the home pen and I got off while clinging to the horse. He is a good boy. He didn't move a muscle while I got my legs to work.
I hate to say it but I got his saddle off, his bridle off, sprayed him with lots of fly spray and threw some hay and I came in the house and collapsed for 20 minutes. I'll have to go out and brush him and check his feet a little later.
By the way, it is only 87 degrees out and sunny!
Love the riding pants although they seemed a bit sweaty.
Love the new saddle. Yeah, the tush is a little sore but not too bad.
Love my new reins as well.
Now, if I could just get a younger body I would be good.
Looks like the wrong photo but after the morning I've had, I can live with that 

No comments:

Post a Comment