Monday, September 11, 2017

Bath Time






What do you do when your client cancels? You go to yard sales and buy a metal cabinet for your tack area. Only $5.  I'll need to get the tacky tape off and repaint it some time before the end of October when it turns cold.
What do you do when she cancels again? You organize the tack area....bathe Tucker...and bathe the cutest little mini, Wiseguy. The tack area is so organized now.
Usually I would ride Tucker but I am waiting for the new swayback saddle pad to come in the mail. So, baths was my next best idea.
Tucker was a good boy. He was a bit like "knock it off already." He did mostly cooperate but I got after him for moving around a couple of times. He tried to push me with his head. I think he appreciated looking good at the end. He got the full spa treatment including shampoo, conditioner and comb out.
Wiseguy got the spa treatment, as well. His mane was a complete mess including some dreadlocks. He got a couple of carrot treats for being reasonably patient about the whole brushing the mane out from below and above and being parted and brushed in the middle. He has more mane than Tucker and he is 1/6 the size 
I went to get the scissors to cut Wiseguy's overly long tail and give him a nice bridle path. That is when I noticed that Tucker was untied and getting a snack. I decided to put his fly sheet on and his fly mask. By the time I got back to Wiseguy, Wiseguy had gotten untied from the rail and managed to roll in the dirt even though he was still wet. He had to have some more brushing.
It was a nice day and I laughed when it became a bit of a three ring circus. The warm days are to be enjoyed now that fall is approaching.

Bonus photo of Obie the Giant goat who is probably about 11 years old now.

No comments:

Post a Comment