Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Groundwork

Team Tucker is making progress. I thought the weather is great, I should ride when I get home but I realized I am tired from my job today and my time is limited so....I did some more groundwork instead.
I did use the flag.
This time I had times when I felt we were on the same page! Tucker was doing a fair amount of licking and chewing. I tried to let him enjoy his moments when he was "getting it". No rushing but firm up a bit as necessary in some cases. Back does mean back.
He reached for some grass and I backed him up. He backed right into a pole. I kind of laughed. That is what happens when you don't pay attention buddy.
I did good at anticipating when he was thinking grass and having him do something else instead..
We did some pretty good sending although he is managing to crowd me on his off side. I actually tried to do a lot from his off side since he is a bit lacking on that side. I tried to remember how to use my energy or feel to get him to go out away from me more and that did work.
Lots of lead, stop, back, lead, stop.
Tucker is not great at moving the fore but much improved today.
I managed to have Tucker's attention most of the time!
I did not feed him yet. Going to the home pen doesn't mean eating every time.
I hope the weather holds out so I can ride tomorrow.

The pink stuff seems to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment