Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Shelter

I'm going through horse withdrawals. Yesterday, we put up the shelter for Tanka and today I had to work so no horse training nor horsey time for two days.
Tanka and I were hanging out the other afternoon. I turned to ignore him and out of the corner of my eye, I see him think "Maybe I'll go over to see her." He got about a third of the way and stopped. "I don't know, should I or shouldn't I?" He came about one third of the way more....stopped, mulled it over and then he decided to come the last 10 feet and say hi to me. So cute. I was ever so pleased.
Hopefully, I'll be able to go out and work with the horses some tomorrow. I still have to protect the electrical cord for the heated water bucket before I can take Tanka to his new pen with shelter. The shelter has a roof but I still need to buy plywood for the sides. Even so, this pen is in a far more protected spot so he will be out of much of the wind even if he doesn't have sides on his shelter.
It will be nice to have Tanka where I can see him out my back window.

No comments:

Post a Comment