Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wiseguy and Wheels

I am thinking about getting Wiseguy out of the cart for a few weeks and working only on making sure he isn't spooking at cars and motorcycles going by him and that we are on the same page with reining.  I am setting up a tire drag so we can pull that around.

I have been walking him around the neighborhood on a lead so that we can see new things and have cars go by without him being hooked to a cart.

Honestly, we have been doing great in the cart except a couple of times but last time we went out was one of those days that we couldn't pull it together.  I thought I was going to have to lead him home with his cart!  We finally got turned around and made it back home.

I think we will keep working on whoa while being led and then while dragging a tire.

I can't get a hold of the trainer and I will have to get through this on my own.  I have a message in to one of the nice ladies in a town up north hoping to ask her a few questions and I posted on a forum for minis to get a little advice.

I think Wiseguy and I can work through this even if I am a beginner.


No comments:

Post a Comment