Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hot and Cold

95 degrees day, 49 degrees overnight.  Today should be around 90 degrees.

We open up the house and let it cool off overnight and then close it up.  We did run the A/C  from about 5pm until about 8pm  last night.  By 10pm the outside was 74 and the inside was 74 and we opened the house up and went to bed.  60 degrees inside the house this morning.  If I get lucky I won't have to run the A/C at all today.

I took the little horse out for a nice walk of about 1 1/3 miles yesterday.  Wiseguy did really well.  He was quite curious about the neighborhood.  He walked fine.  No spooking or anything.

I think I haven't had the cart set up quite right after reviewing some info in a post on the major miniature horse website so when I put him in the cart again I think I'll do a bit better with it.

In the meantime I am going to take him for walks and try to get a tire drag going.  That way he can pull something around the neighborhood with his harness and blinders on and not have a set of wheels hooked up to him.  I got a little more info on the tire drag and the rein set up for the tire drag online yesterday.  I'll be reviewing that as I go along.  I need to make a singletree for the tire drag.  When I go to town I will need three eye hooks and some snaps or caribeeners  for clipping the harness to the trace chains and the tire to the singletree.

Okay, we did not run the A/C at all yesterday.

We worked on the final two shutters for the front of the house.  I'll have to get some photos.  We have the one glued and screwed but we were a bit short on materials so we ran into town.  We picked up a redwood 2x4 and 3 redwood fence boards plus 3 eye bolts and three snaps.  The eye bolts and snaps are so we can build the little horse a singletree and have him drive around with a tire on it.  That should be a great training tool!

I still have to take the tire with me on Friday and get the rim taken off the tire from the old pick up truck we sold.  That little Toy tire should be just the right size for a little horse like Wiseguy.

I took almost all the plastic buckets from planting trees and shrubs in the yard to the State Nursery while I had Hubby with me to help.  It was a lot of buckets, for sure.  I am trying to get the place cleaned up.  Not that it looks that bad but if you don't stay on top of the junk, the junk is soon piled up all over the place.  Now I can re-stack what I am keeping and throw out some more items, like old plant six packs, that we aren't going to use.  That will leave me with quite a bit of usable pots and six packs for next spring.

I told Hubby we are only 20 minutes from the Red Lobster by the time we are at the State Nursery.  Let's go out to eat in Reno.  So we did.

We then went to dinner at the Red Lobster.  Yummy.  They have a dinner special for $14.95 right now.  Soup, salad, entree, cheese biscuits AND desert.  Not a bad deal.  We both got the coconut shrimp and grilled pineapple shrimp combo plate that included plenty of broccoli, wild rice and our shrimps.


Today is supposed to be 93 degrees.  We are at 64 in the house this morning.  We will close it up and see if we can avoid running the A/C again today.




No comments:

Post a Comment