Wednesday, April 4, 2018






Magnificent day. 2 1/2 hours of riding. Karen V. came by and we rode to Karen A.'s house.
Sir Richard was wonderful but those boots really did aggravate him. I have to try another brand. He has a rub spot on the back of his heel and I won't put those boots back on him again.
Other than that, the afternoon went really well. Karen A. hadn't met us yet so we went across the desert trail to her house. We met Karen A and Brownie the Wonderhorse. Turned and went to Karen A's obstacle course.
We did a lot of work on a lead line. We stepped down into the dry 6x6 foot pool. We went over black squares of rubber. We went over a rubber strip with white lines on it. We stepped over some poles. We went through pool noodles as a "gate" We went across a bridge. We went down into the ditch to let me mount and stepped up the steep bank to get out of there.
Then we did some riding through some of the obstacles we had done on the lead line.
Richard was fine with the big American flag on a stick. He got it rubbed all over him.
He did not particularly like the pool noodles.
We went across the bridge...lead line only today.
Richard took the lead on the way home and he rated his speed nicely for me. He listened well with all the twists and turns on the desert trail home.
We got to the sand road and I said "Surprise, we aren't turning towards home." I rode him a little ways up. Then, I did turn him around. My friend and I rode side by side at an even pace back to my place.
He wanted to walk fast on the sand road home but one rein slowed him down and he did great.
I rode him to the home pen today. That was a first for me.
What a fabulous wonderful sunny day with Sir Richard. And my new friend, Karen V. and my old friend Karen A.

Hey, I just remembered. I asked my horse to move sideways to hand out my camera to Karen V. I really didn't give it much thought. Just picked up the reins, moved my foot to his side and asked the horse to do it.
Sir Richard moved over sideways. Is that cool or what? First, that I didn't have to think real hard and second that Richard said "Okay, I can do that for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment