Sunday, December 24, 2017

What did I learn?

Do more groundwork from the start.

Watch how the horse tracks when walking, trotting and loping before buying.

Make sure horse can go out alone.

Make sure horse has a nice [not choppy] trot.

Do not buy a really swayback horse.  So hard to fit for a saddle and I swear that saddle slides backwards.

Try to find a sure footed mount that doesn't have lazy feet.

Try harder to find help from someone who seems to understand what is going on.  For instance, Tucker has turned into a real turd going home.  I mentioned some problems to a person who said stuff like "All horses want to hurry home."  "Your horse did not crow hop."  "This is all your fault, you know."  They aren't there and they are totally discounting what I am telling them. 

Okay but that isn't helping me with my horse.  The horse has been getting worse, not better, and I haven't got anyone to help me who is trying to understand what is going on. Now that we have reached the point of bucking, I am done.

The fact is that I so dislike trotting on this horse due to the choppy gate.  The horse has a real stubborn streak.  And I don't have the inclination nor the skills to handle these shenanigans like hopping and bucking. 




No comments:

Post a Comment