Sunday, December 3, 2017

Tripping

I'm starting to wonder about Tucker and his tripping. He even manages to trip when cantering by himself in the big pen. I have the farrier coming out Monday.
I realize that I feel comfortable walking with Tucker but trotting and tripping is scarier and I certainly don't want to canter on him.
He's been klutzy since I got him. There is so much to like about Tucker that I have been hopeful that the farrier work would help but I don't think it really is. I am going to talk to the farrier about this on Monday.
The neighbor wants me to trot him but I am at the point where I certainly don't want to trot him on uneven ground. That is when he tripped and bucked last time. Still, the first time he bucked, he stepped on his own foot [I saw the scrape on his hoof] and it is smooth in the driveway. I have been trotting him in the driveway or carefully on the sandy road.
I think I am riding him okay and, again, he does trip even when cantering in the big pen without me on him. I may talk to a vet in the future.
I'm feeling kind of worried.
My husband is being very nice about this since I have spent a lot of time and effort and some money getting Tucker. He says if Tucker has issues that can't be fixed, we will just have to get another horse. That made me feel good about our relationship 

No comments:

Post a Comment