Friday, March 9, 2018



Sir Richard and his owner pull it together today.
We did great. I got home and sat in the home pen, drank my afternoon cup of coffee and waited for Richard to come see me. Of course, I was irresistible and after about 10 minutes of consideration, he came to where I was sitting.
I put his halter on him and then left him standing there while I ran in for the new camera. He was happy I came back out 
We did some little things like back and then we went out to the round pen. I asked him to walk and to trot off line. It didn't take him long to get his mind in the game.
I snapped his lead line back on.
I got up on the rail of the round pen and asked him to come underneath me. He did that willingly. Again, directing him from a distance.
I asked for a turn on the fore on each side and a few turn hind.
Then out to the log section where I asked him to move out on his own to step over on of the big logs. Did that in both directions. Then we did the fan of skinny logs, again asking him to move out on his own while I stood in one spot and directed him around. His ears were perky. Hey, this is something new.
I took his halter off but he followed me all the way to the gate of the big pen so I put his halter back on and took him up front for the platform. He backed off hesitantly but he did manage to do it.
We took a nice break while I played with the other two horses, then, I said "Why not put his saddle on him and ask him to step up to the mounting block." He did great. I mounted and dismounted a couple of times with some relaxing in the saddle for several minutes.
After my final dismount, I asked Richard to walk out [lounge] with the saddle on. He was a bit stickier but I encouraged and he did do it both ways.
A lovely couple of hours spent in my horse world. Felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment