Sunday, November 27, 2011

What's Cooking?

What's cooking?  Turkey soup, of course.  What else would one be  cooking here in the USA on the Sunday after Thanksgiving Day:)  The carcass is in the electric roaster with several quarts of water.  In a few hours, I will strain the soup and flake off all the juicy bits of turkey.   Then I will add veggies from our garden.

I have onions stored under the bed.  Frozen corn on the cob to make corn niblets from and Italian green beans.  I thought I would put in a few pea pods and maybe some snap peas to do something a little different.  I had to buy the carrots since we ate the carrots we grew this summer and did not freeze any of them.  The celery will be from the store, as well.  Some salt and pepper for seasoning and a bit of gravy that we haven't managed to polish off and, hopefully, we will have the most delicious soup to warm us up this winter.

I freeze everything.  No canning around here.  So, I'll freeze the soup for lunches over the next couple of months.  Turkey is the bird that keeps on giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment