Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Why happiness?

"DO YOU KNOW WHY A MARINE IS ALWAYS HAPPY?"

"Sir, no SIR!" they shouted in unison.

"BECAUSE IT COULD ALWAYS BE 20 @!#%ING TIMES WORSE!!"

from Why I am always happy by Larry Spencer  
http://new.exchristian.net/2011/01/why-i-am-always-happy.html

That is why I am always happy:)

Having survived a childhood that was filled with uncertainty, fear, hunger and confusion, as well as having survived a car wreck where I thought I was going to die and a marriage where I feared my ex had the capability of killing me and having survived being squeezed into the Christian box and punching enough holes in that box to worm my way out - well, I have a lot to be happy about.

And if things were even worse, well, someone out there is going through/has gone through even more than I have or ever will.

We really do live in an amazing world at an amazing time when one can grasp the knowledge of the ages. Who would have guessed even when I was a kid how the internet would allow us to read on just about any topic? Or that women would be allowed the freedom to be all they can be? Or that science would answer so many of our questions?

I am glad to be here.



 A commenter to this blog apparently saw that I am an atheist and an exChristian and said "I am sorry for your pain."  A bizarre assumption in that there is no pain involved in having an unbelief in god.  At least, there isn't for me.  I am content, even happy, with the place I am at today.

No comments:

Post a Comment