Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Day, New Year

I woke up this morning and it wasn’t just a new day, it was a New Year!
The New Year started without all the talk of rapture and Armegeddon.
No one I hang out with is expecting the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
      to ride down our street.
It was a pretty mellow evening without religion.
I wasn’t asking God’s will in the New Year.
Or hoping to leave the world and be watching from heaven
     as God smote all the evil unbelievers in a great war.
I woke up expecting to still be right here on planet Earth.
I fed our three goats, our two dogs and our cat.
Had a cup of Starbucks coffee.
Did the dishes [yes, I waited to clean up the kitchen until this morning].
I organized my day.
Made a hearty breakfast of farm fresh eggs and sausage patties.
    [Thank you neighbor for my weekly dozen.]
I'm off to do the dishes, again.
Oh, and it started snowing, the world has turned a pristine white
     and the quiet is all around us.
All in all, a pleasant start for a New Year. I hope this year is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment