Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A mare and lessons

No photos.
I went to see a mare this morning. I am going to pass.
She was really sweet, worked off seat and legs basically.
I only trotted briefly because the girl said slow her down even though I thought it was fine. The trot was very nice.
Stood nicely to be saddled. Bridled easily.
One hesitation was that one foot had a very old injury to the coronet band so she said the mare didn't lope well. Also said that the horse didn't like farriers so she did the feet herself since the farrier would "dig too deep" and with her injury it hurt her.
She did say the horse is sound and can be ridden for hours at a walk and a trot.
I think no foot/no horse.
The mare went over the logs very easily.
Another hesitation was the horse is, quote, an alpha mare who does not want you to touch other horses, end quote.
I didn't have anyone to take with me and I felt very bold for managing to go by myself 
On another note, I have a lesson lined up for Sunday with the new trainer. She seems very experienced and starts everyone out in an English saddle....wish me luck!
I think I will let my neighbor/trainer know so she isn't surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment